Passover 2023 at Congregation Shaare Emeth
Charoset: It’s the Glue that Keeps Passover Together!
Wednesday, March 29 at 7 p.m.
Alan Weissman will teach us how to make three different kinds of charoset. Free! Hands-on and tasting included! RSVP required by March 22.
Gathering Together to Re-Tell Our Story: In-Person 2nd Night Passover Seder
Join us for an Intergenerational In-Person 2nd Night Seder at Congregation Shaare Emeth
Thursday, April 6 at 5:30 p.m.
It’s back! We hope you’ll join us in person as our community Second Night Seder returns. You can reserve tables of eight or individual seats. Bring your own family seder plate and we will provide the seder items. Dinner catered by Papa Mark Catering with vegetarian options.
Adults (Ages 10+): $40 for Members | $45 for Non-Members
Children (Ages 3-10): $20 for Members | $25 for Non-Members
Under age 3: Free
Financial assistance for members is available; email Rosalie.
RSVP by Wednesday, March 29.
April 5-12, 2023
Passover (Pesach in Hebrew) is a major Jewish spring festival celebrating freedom and family as we remember the Exodus from Egypt more than 3,000 years ago. The main observances of this holiday center around a special home service called the seder, which includes a festive meal, the prohibition on eating chametz, and the eating of matzah. Click here to learn more.
- Learn the six parts of the classic Seder plate (ReformJudaism.org)
- Build a vegan Seder plate (The Kitchn)
- 8 Modern Additions to the Seder Plate (ReformJudaism.org)
- Add a banana to your Seder plate for refugees (PDF)
- Add a tomato to your Seder plate for farmworkers (PDF)
Below you’ll find links to different Haggadot! Find one that fits with your family’s approach to Passover and the Seder.
- Create your own Haggadah – by choosing a template and readings to fit your family
- 10-Minute Dayenu Seder (Haggadot.com)
- 30-Minute Seder (30MinuteSeder.com)
- Coloring Book Haggadah (Haggadot.com)
- Liberal Haggadah (Haggadot.com)
- In Every Generation: A PJ Library Family Haggadah (PJ Library)
- A Family Haggadah (Amazon)
- A Different Night, The Family Participation Haggadah (Amazon)
- The Open Door: A Passover Haggadah (Amazon)
- Mishkan HaSeder (CCAR Press)
- HIAS Haggadah (HIAS) with readings and stories which connect the foundational liberation story of the Jewish people with the reality of the refugee experience in the 21st century.
Mental Health Seder Companion: Experience the freedom of the mind, body and soul with the Haggadah from Blue Dove Foundation
- A Special Reading for the Jews of Ukraine (JDC)
- Crying Out Against Mass Incarceration (The Jewish Working Group to End the New Jim Crow)
- Ha-Lachma Anya: The Bread of Affliction (Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism)
- Children’s Ha-Lachma Anya (The New American Haggadah)
- Four Cups of Wine Signs
- Modern additions to the Four Cups (The New American Haggadah)
- Integrity First for America Supplement
- The Five Women of Exodus (National Council of Jewish Women)
- Passover Resources (HIAS)
- A Visual Guide and Song for the Ten Plagues (Matan Institute for Teens)
- Passover Bingo Cards (Matan Institute for Teens)
- Passover Seder Tracker (Matan Institute for Teens)
New for 2023, the Union for Reform Judaism has a great Roundup of Digital Resources, including videos, seder activities, social justice readings, and more.
ReformJudaism.com’s Passover pages answers to questions like “Is Passover seven or eight days?”, an interactive seder plate, what to expect at a seder, Passover crafts and more (URJ).