Passover 2023 at Congregation Shaare Emeth
Passover Yizkor Service
Wednesday, April 12 at 9 a.m. in the B’nai El Chapel
Gathering Together to Re-Tell Our Story: In-Person 2nd Night Passover Seder
Join us for an Intergenerational In-Person 2nd Night Seder at Congregation Shaare Emeth
Thursday, April 6 at 5:30 p.m.
Reservations are now closed. Questions? Contact Debbie Bram.
April 5-12, 2023
Passover (Pesach in Hebrew) is a major Jewish spring festival celebrating freedom and family as we remember the Exodus from Egypt more than 3,000 years ago. The main observances of this holiday center around a special home service called the seder, which includes a festive meal, the prohibition on eating chametz, and the eating of matzah. Click here to learn more.
Below you’ll find links to different Haggadot! Find one that fits with your family’s approach to Passover and the Seder.
- Create your own Haggadah – by choosing a template and readings to fit your family
- 10-Minute Dayenu Seder (Haggadot.com)
- 30-Minute Seder (30MinuteSeder.com)
- Coloring Book Haggadah (Haggadot.com)
- Liberal Haggadah (Haggadot.com)
- In Every Generation: A PJ Library Family Haggadah (PJ Library)
- A Family Haggadah (Amazon)
- A Different Night, The Family Participation Haggadah (Amazon)
- The Open Door: A Passover Haggadah (Amazon)
- Mishkan HaSeder (CCAR Press)
- HIAS Haggadah (HIAS) with readings and stories which connect the foundational liberation story of the Jewish people with the reality of the refugee experience in the 21st century.
Mental Health Seder Companion: Experience the freedom of the mind, body and soul with the Haggadah from Blue Dove Foundation
- A Special Reading for the Jews of Ukraine (JDC)
- Crying Out Against Mass Incarceration (The Jewish Working Group to End the New Jim Crow)
- Ha-Lachma Anya: The Bread of Affliction (Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism)
- Social Justice Four Cups of Wine for Your Seder (URJ)
- Integrity First for America Supplement
- The Five Women of Exodus (National Council of Jewish Women)
- Passover Resources (HIAS)
- Short Thoughts for Passover (Rabbi Lord Jonathan Sacks z”l)
- Just released! A new video Passover Story from PJ Library.
- A Visual Guide and Song for the Ten Plagues (Matan)
- Passover Bingo Cards (Matan)
- Passover Seder Tracker (Matan)
- Here are tons of other resources, like recipe cards, tips on teaching kids the four questions, and Passover school lunch ideas from PJ Library.
- New for 2023, the Union for Reform Judaism has a great Roundup of Digital Resources, including videos, seder activities, social justice readings, and more.
- ReformJudaism.com’s Passover pages answers to questions like “Is Passover seven or eight days?”, an interactive seder plate, what to expect at a seder, Passover crafts and more (URJ).
- What do Pesach and Hamilton have in common? (video)